Magellan 9500 Omega Features
- OmegaTek™ Productivity Technology
- Integrated Sensormatic ScanMax™ Pro
Electronic Article Surveillance Deactivation
- SurroundScan® 3D Scanning™ Technology
- Enhanced All-Weighs™ scale platter
- Flash ROM for easy, low cost software
- Multiple POS interfaces support all popular host systems
- FirstStrike® Advanced Decoding Software
- Powered auxiliary RS-232 port for handheld scanner
- Sunrise 2005 and GTIN compliant
- Optional IntelliCompass™ Value Added Software Features:
- Host Download
- Diagnostics Reporting
- Productivity Index Reporting™ (PIR)
- Cashier Training™ / Ergonomic Index
The Magellan 9500 Omega high performance scanner and scanner/scale with the new OmegaTek Productivity Technology is specifically designed for high volume retail checkout applications.
What is the new OmegaTek™ Productivity Technology?
OmegaTek Productivity Technology is comprised of hardware and software innovations that significantly improve scanner performance by increasing the scanning speed and by improving the first pass read rates on hard-to-read barcodes. This yields industry leading scan speeds and first-pass-read-rates while:
- Improving front end checkout productivity by reducing or eliminating re-scans or no-scans
- Improving customer service by reducing the time a customer has to wait in the checkout line
The Magellan 9500 Omega was designed in cooperation with Sensormatic to integrate the latest technology in Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) tag deactivation. The ScanMax Pro IS antenna is cleverly integrated below the scale platter. This provides for one step scanning and deactivation to minimize the occurrence of Failure to Deactivate (FTD) events originating at the POS. The Magellan 9500 Omega's front mounted controls and indicators inform the cashier of the status of the entire scanning and deactivation process. Retailers no longer have to accept a high level of FTD's caused by adding on EAS equipment far downstream from the scanning process.
The Magellan 9500 Omega also maximizes productivity by using SurroundScan® 3D Scanning™ technology. SurroundScan utilizes the Magellan 9500 Omega's breakthrough scan pattern to aggressively read all six sides of an item while enabling outstanding performance on truncated and higher density barcodes like RSS. SurroundScan virtually eliminates misreads and reduces ergonomic problems by allowing cashiers the freedom to scan items in their natural orientation.
The Magellan 9500 Omega features a redesigned All-Weighs platter for reducing loss from shrink stemming from mis-weighing large or over-sized produce. The All-Weighs platter design is more intuitive to use and allows produce to be leaned against the vertical window and platter, away from the counter, for the most accurate weighing.
The Magellan 9500 Omega is also equipped with PSC's patented FirstStrike advanced decoding software for reading damaged, wrinkled, and poorly printed labels. With FirstStrike, labels can be quickly stitched together by piecing together information captured by any one of the scan lines. Additionally, FirstStrike uses some of the most advanced character correlation algorithms available to reconstruct damaged or missing barcode data. All of this is done in a split second to speed throughput on poor quality labels and most importantly, improves first pass read rates on even tough items like egg cartons.
The Magellan 9500 Omega was designed to make it as flexible as possible. Several features make the Magellan 9500 Omega extremely versatile including its multi-interface solution. The multi-interface supports RS232 (single or dual cable), IBM46XX, and IBM USB host interfaces right out the box and provides an easy migration path for customer who may need to change interfaces at some point. Another versatile feature is the scanner's flash memory, which allows for easy software upgrades. New decoding capabilities, software based features, or new symbologies can all be updated in flash through the scanners auxiliary or host port ensuring convenient migration and future industry compatibility.
The Magellan 9500 Omega can also provide a distinct competitive advantage when its Productivity Index Reporting™ software and Cashier Training™ software features are implemented. Both tools can provide valuable information for improving productivity at the checkout. The Magellan 9500 Omega also provides an auxiliary port for handhelds, optional EAS capability, host diagnostic reporting, and of course, the legendary reliability and serviceability that comes with the Magellan name.
With the Magellan 9500 Omega the legacy continues by combining the newest technologies and latest innovations with the knowledge and experience of having built over a million fixed point-of-sale scanners, which have been installed around the globe. The result is a new standard in retail point-of-sale performance, reliability, versatility, and value. The result is the Magellan 9500 Omega and nothing beats a Magellan.
|Features || Benefits |
|OmegaTek™ Productivity Technology || |
- Improved reading of hard-to-read barcodes improves front end speed & productivity
|Sensormatic® ScanMax™ Pro EAS Deactivation capability || |
- Reduces deactivation failures by offering single step scan & deactivation of Sensormatic EAS tags
|6-side reading SurroundScan® technology || |
- Flexible orientation improves productivity & ergonomics
|All-Weighs™ scale platter || |
- Reduces produce shrinkage by up to 1% of weighed produce
|Enhanced decoding with FirstStrike® decoding software || |
- Higher read rate of truncated & hard-to-read labels resulting in improved front-end productivity
|Multiple POS interfaces built in || |
- Protects your investment by providing & easy migration path for POS terminal changes
|Low energy consumption. Can be powered from many POS terminals || |
- Up to 77% lower energy costs than competition while reducing AC outlets in checkstand
|High level of serviceability & reliability || |
- High reliability reduces downtime & easy serviceability means faster repairs & more efficient servicing
IntelliCompass™ Value Added Features
| || |
- Lowers service cost & improves operations
| || |
- Lowers labor costs to service & manage assets
- Productivity Index Reporting
- Identifies hard to read barcodes
- Cashier Training™ / Ergonomic Index
- Identifies poor scanning habits & increases productivity
Magellan 9500 Omega Specifications
- Model 9500 scanner/scale: 20.0” / 50.8 cm
- Model 9501 scanner: 20.0” / 50.8 cm
- Width: 11.5” / 29.2 cm
- Depth: (below counter): 6.5” / 16.5 cm
- Height: (above counter): 7.0” / 17.8 cm
- Model 9500 scanner/scale: 28.9 lbs. / 65.3 kg
- Model 9501 scanner: 22.2 lbs. / 48.8 kg
- Capacity: 30.0 lbs. / 9.99 kg or 15 kg (interface dependent)
- Minimum increment: .01 lb. / 0.005 kg
- Vibration immunity: 4 programmable filter settings
- Maximum static weight: 150 lbs. / 68 kg
- Adjustments required: Calibration only
- Operating: 50° to 104° F / 10° to 40° C
- Storage/Transport: -40° to 158° F / -40° to 70° C
AC Power Requirements
- Nominal: 100-250 VAC, 50-60 Hz; 9 Watts
- Sleep Mode: 17 Watts (maximum) 4 Watts
The Magellan 9500 Omega decodes and autodiscriminates all of the following symbologies:
- UPC Versions A & E
- UPC Supplementals (Bookland & Coupon Code)
- UPC Add-ons (sub 2 or P2, sub 5 or P5 & C128)
- Reduced Space Symbology (RSS-14, expanded/stacked)
- EAN 8, 13
- JAN 8, 13
- EAN/JAN two label
- UCC/EAN 128
- Code 39 (with full ASCII)
- Code 128
- Code 93
- Interleaved 2 of 5
- Italian Pharmacode
- MSI Plessey
- All Magellan® 9500 Omega models support IBM RS-485, RS-232, IBM USB, and keyboard wedge (scanner only)
- RS-232 handheld scanner port
- Scale host port
- Remote scale display port
- Sensormatic EAS controller port
Safety / Regulatory
- UL 60950
- CSA-C22.2 no.60950
- FCC part 15 subpart j, Class B (USA)
- AS/NZS 3548 (Australia/New Zealand)
- ICES-0003 (Canada)
- EN 55022
- CISPR 22 and others.
- Class IIa Laser Product
- IEC 60825 Class 1 (CAUTION: Laser Light – do not stare into beam)
Weights & Measures
- *Standards - HB44, OIML R76-1 and R76-2, EN45501, 90/384/EEC, NOM, and others.
- *Countries approved: USA, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, and most of the world.
* Contact your PSC representative for certification schedule and additional listings.